When you choose Regence, you’re getting a health care partner. One that can help with your needs every step of the way, from quick health information to answers about claims, and from online wellness programs to one-on-one help with serious health conditions.
a team approach for better care
With a Regence Accountable Health Network, you work with a coordinated group of providers who all work for the same provider community and are used to working as a team – a team that collaborates, communicates and focuses on your care.
Your doctor collaborates with a wide variety of specialists and is there to help identify what care is needed.
Accountable health networks work especially well for those consumers who already seek health care services within a specific medical community. And you’ll always be involved in making decisions about your health and your treatment—because you’re the most important member of the team.
10 Essential Benefits
Healthcare reform says all health plans must include ten essential benefits. The basic benefits include:
- Outpatient Care - the kind you get without being admitted to a hospital
- Emergency Services - for issues that could lead to death or disable you if you do not treat them.
- Inpatient Care - covers room and board, tests, drugs, and care from doctors and nurses while admitted, which may include organ and tissue transplants, and hospice and respite care.
- Maternity and Newborn Care - care before and after your baby is born
- Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Services - this includes behavioral health treatment, counseling, and psychotherapy.
- Prescription Drugs - covers retail, mail order, and specialty drugs.
- Rehabilitative and Habilitative Services - services and devices to help you recover if you are injured, or have a disability or chronic condition. This includes physical and occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, psychiatric rehabilitation, and more.
- Laboratory Services - covers lab tests, X-ray services, and pathology, and imaging and diagnostics such as MRI, CT scan, and PET scan.
- Preventive and Wellness Services - including mammograms, colonoscopies, vaccines. Covered in full if you use in-network providers for care such as routine physicals, screening, and immunizations. Disease management coordinates care for diabetes, asthma, and other conditions.
- Pediatric Services - including dental care (preventive, basic, major) and vision care (eye exam, lenses, and eyewear).